Monday, June 18, 2007

UK Fathers' Day (They just call it Fathers' Day here)

So Sunday was father's day here in the UK and we decided to take McGee's stepdad down to one of the several local pubs that we're surrounded by. This was the first one I'd been to in the area. While we were walking down there I was telling everyone about my favourite beer Leffe, as I do, and how it's really expensive and only comes in tiny bottles. We get there and bam, Leffe on tap and it's the cheapest pint at the venue. It was as if I was at that moment, a UK father. Also I tried this beer called Fruli which describes itself as a 'sweet, fruity beer'. Sweet and fruity it most certainly was. It tastes like a lager brewed with those starburst cube-lollies, just the strawberry ones. It was kinda like a strawberry sundae, but in beer form.

So here's a couple more beer notes from Ibiza.

Aurum Limon (Shandy)- 2.8%, 36 cents (Euro)

This delighful beverage can only be described as a refreshing fizzy lemonade with the welcomed addition of beer, pre-mixed and in a can. I could drink this all day.

Shandy Cryzcampo (Shandy)- 0.9%, 36 cents (Euro)

I love this shandy-in-a-can thing. This one is weaker on the booze, more towards being just a regular fizzy lemon drink. It's carbonated lemonade with a hint of beer. Tastes like Schwepped lemonade except someone spilt some Corona in there, in a good way. Again, shandy in a can, great idea.

No comments: