Friday, December 14, 2007

I love being transported like cattle

I'm feeling the consequences of an open bar at a swanky cocktail venue. I went to the work Christmas party last night which was a lot of fun. There's less than 30 people in the entire company and I think the oldest person is 36. It's very quiet here at work today and I'm just trying to keep my breakfast down at the moment.

There was a lot of train delays today which happens now and then, so my train was obscenely packed. When it got to my station people slowly started to get off as I made my way to the door. There was this guy in a suit on the platform trying to get in, shoving his way against the traffic. Anyway the "doors closing" announcement came up and I was still in the train with this douche pushing against me. I became very anxious, I didn't want to get trapped in there and miss my stop because this guy didn't learn about how being patient and courteous makes the world go round. I folded my arms in front of me and shoved him out the door and against the wall on the platform as the doors closed. He yelled at me, something about an aunt, so I told him to go fornicate himself with razors. The transportation system really brings out the worst in people. They're like animals being herded, poorly.

No comments: