Sunday, June 24, 2007

So alive this city!

Since I've been here there has been three seperate incidents involving teenagers getting stabbed, all aparently involving some kind of teenage-gang-warfare that's happening. Also, there's a bunch of floods parading through the country, this one guy got his foot stuck under some debris or something while he was in this drain. He ended up drowning over a long period of time (less dots, okay stop dots) while several people got hypothermia attempting to save him (aoe).

We were down at the pub the other day having several drinks too many and ten minutes down the road back home my heart sank as I realised that my beloved camera was not around my shoulder as it should be. I darted back to the pub expecting to be camere-less once again. There were these two guys sitting at the table, no camera in sight. Fortunately they were extremely nice fellows who handed my camera bag to the person at the bar. I got it back and rewarded their honesty and awesomeness with a delicious pint of Leffe each.

So essentially London is both friendly and deadly. All British people are capable of doing nice things for their fellow man, and are by law required to have a stabbing device on their person at all times, which is of course issued to them at birth by the Queen. I'm really enjoying learning about their mysterious yet sensible culture that we can all take something positive from.

5 comments:

Bergs said...

Thank god they didn't pinch your camera! I hate that feeling of knowing you've left something valuable behind and not knowing if it will be there when you get back!

Unknown said...

Yeah, like that time with my dignity. It wasn't there when I got back =(

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing your sweet, sweet dignity right now. It makes for a thoroughly warm and trendy scarf.

Anonymous said...

Infact, there's your next dropstitch.com.au article - General Blackson's Winter Dignity Scarf.

Unknown said...

+2 dignity