The other day we did our first big supermarket shop except we did it online to be delivered to our place. The delivery charge was free because we spent over a certain amount and it sounded awesome in theory. They delivered a completely incorrect bunch of stuff. Bags and bags of someone elses groceries. I realised this initially when I saw a jumbo pack of diapers. Anyway a couple of calls to their incompetent support staff later and they said they would re-deliver our missing items (most of our order) and asked us to politely re-bag and return the stuff they sent to us that was clearly from someone elses shopping. I put a bunch of token stuff in there, some canned goods, the diapers, a jar of pickled cucumbers. Jez and McGee got home and started picking out stuff that I had selected for return. We briefly discussed the moral issue involved and whether a heartless multinational corporation deserved to have their wrongly sent goods back. Later that evening as we enjoyed some baked goods for dinner that we didn't pay for we admired the ridiculous amount of stuff that we had to look forward to for the coming weeks. Lots of organic fruits, tortilla ingredients, chocolates, juices, that mistake was the best thing to ever happen to us. I kinda regret returning the pickled cucumbers though they could have been delicious in a sandwich maybe. But we're good people. We care.
So this morning McGee woke me up, frantic, saying she heard something under our bed. I looked underneath it while fearing for my life and didn't see anything. Then I went to the bathroom and when I returned she assured me that there was in fact something under the bed. We made lots of noise and 'it' darted out our very open window. It was a fox. A massive, adult fox. And he was just starring at us. Then he did a crap and started peeing, while still looking at us, like he was upset that we'd interrupted his slumber. As you might know it has been my life-long dream to have a fox as a pet, and I asked McGee if we could keep a cub if say we stumbled upon one that was injured, without its parents, looking like it could really use our help. Then we could take it home and nurse it back to health and buy him a collar and all the rest of it. She said no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment