We went down to the Purple Turtle in Camden, a goth nightclub to see a friend's band which is called Rapid Fiction. He maintains that he answered an ad and that the band name had already been in place. I suggested Vapid Friction. Anyways it was very dark with DJ Fruityloops playing stuff he had cooked up after doing some basic tutorials. He played his generic crap while getting into it way too hard, with embarrassing results.
Each of the bands attempted/wished to be Robert Smith in their own special way. That was pretty much it. There was a terrible striptease that was literally 'your mate who decided to read an online guide on stripping 'and give it a shot. All the patrons were dressed up as either a poor man's David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Robert Smith or combinations of those three. The ladies were trying to wear as little as possible while attempting not to look self conscious. Everyone was really polite and friendly though. I guess that's what happens when goths grow up and get jobs. My favourite was this synth pop goth band with the front man who dressed up like Billy Corgan except his clothes were clearly made by his mum. He was doing these hilarious dance moves while just doing more of a spoken word than singing, featuring such memorable repeated lines as 'The clown can no longer laugh... laugh'. Genius. I on the other hand laughed, and laughed. It was a good night out.
I am extremely jealous that you guys went to spring in the valley and had an awesome vines adventure in my absence. It was awesome to talk to you eventhough I was on 27 hours without sleep at the time, and I apologise for not being with it. I sure do miss the vines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment