Hey everyone,
Literally got the internets back up and running minutes ago in our new place. Turns out ENVY is the biggest crock ever. They actually lied about having positions as editors, they don't! All the editors that work there are freelancers or are working for other companies. It was all very dramatic with this girl that I started with (who was getting 60k a year working in real estate) walking out after crying. A bunch of people left and so they called this emergency meeting type deal. Turns out they hired a whole group of new people myself included because their existing staff left after a very short inning as well. Basically there was really no possibility of getting a decent post production job and being there meant not editing and adding to my portfolio. Then they decided that the newest people would have to take the new shift of 7pm - 6am for two months, 6 days a week. I got the hell out of there. I was able to speak to some senior editors during my time there who assured me that the way to getting into film is to do exactly what you want to do, now. So I got a contact for an agent who actually got back to me and will be finding me editing work. Aparently you start off with reality tv and crap like that but still, stuff to add on my show reel. I'm told that being a runner just gets you a labeled as a poorly paid shitkicker. If they're looking to hire an editor, they're probably going to pick the guy with a showreel that shows steady progress rather than some guy who can prepare an editing suite really well and fast. So lesson learned. In the meantime I'm doing part time design work which is always functional.
Anyways we're in our new place in Arsenal and it is completely awesome. Pictures to come. Hope everyone is well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment