So today I had a pretty shite day at work. I had to spend the morning taking several trains to whoop whoop to get a national insurance number which is this tedious thing you must acquire to avoid maximum tax blah blah blah. Anyhoo I get to work and lame lame boring boring but the story goes, I'm disgruntled, Liz messages me and says "hey lets go to an acoustic & poetry night". I'm thinking no, I'd rather go home and get drunk and watch tv. Anyway McGee convinces me very quickly that we should go out, it's Wednesday and all, no point letting a mundane job get me down. So I'm up for it at this stage. I get to Brixton by tube, it's packed with people wearing Tool t-shirts. Now I'm well aware that Tool are playing today. I know this because I tried to buy a ticket over a month ago, but it was sold out, both shows. I get to the station and wait for my friends, feeling more and more horrible as I sit on the steps watching more people with Tool shirts walk towards Brixton Academy. Sucks but I couldn't get a ticket and I can't afford it. A scalper comes up to me, I ask him out of curiousity as he quotes outrageous prices for tickets. I've dealt with the fact that I ain't seeing Tool this time round. Anyway Jezz gets there and asks why I'm looking upset.
Me: Yeah I'm sorta upset watching all these people going to see Tool. Because I can't go.
Jezz: Oh right. So you wanna see Tool?
Me: Yes but we can't afford it at those k-razy prices my friend.
Jezz: How bout you do 15 minutes of camera work and not only do we get to see Tool but we get VIP passes?
Me: ......
After lots of man-hugging we go to the awesome Brixton Academy, probably the most classy venue I've ever seen and we do 15 minutes work of video-ing the support band. Then we go to the vip area complete with private bar and awesome view of the stage. Also, Kelly Osbourne is there.
Tool were wicked, best time I've seen them. They played Wings for Marie + 10 000 days. Totally bitchin'. Friends huh?
Pictures tomorrow probably! (PS Matt and Brendan expect a present in the mail, weathered by the London weather I had to power through while carrying said presents).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment