The thing I've learnt about London is that there is a lot of etiquette to just about everything, you never apologise, and you can't take anything personally if you are to continue existing. When exiting a train for instance; while making your way towards the door a new passenger who's just entered uses her keen animal senses to detect your newly-free seat and starts making a beeline for it. You're in her path which has been mapped out since the beginning of time, it's all instinct.So she rams into me and keeps going, her little feet shifting along despite the fact that there's an object in her way. Like bad AI in a video game. I finally un-wedged myself and managed to get off the train. I saw her sitting on her seat looking extremely alert like a hawk was going to steal her eggs or something. Thing is, it had nothing to do with me, it was just her natural need to secure a seat on the train. Makes you think about how complicated and beautiful life is, watching people in their natural habitat. Or that people are horrible and love saving small amounts of time and seats.
Anyway here's a photo of those mini-waffles I spoke of in an earlier post. I love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment