Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Welcome to London: Stay within the Police taped sector
Turns out my new laptop monitor had a dead pixel. God damn it I hate dead pixels. So on my lunch break I take the tube to get it replaced, or attempt to anyway. I get there, sort it out after a tedious conversation with the people who work at this fine establishment, and upon leaving the building find that the area I'm in and the traffic intersections on either side are Policed-taped off. There were a lot of people looking annoyed, asking the Police men and women questions. Turns out theres (another) suspiscious vehicle at the hospital on the next street which they're evacuating, and nobody is the proximity of said hospital is allowed to go anywhere. So I'm stuck there for over an hour. Eventually they take the tape away and everyone just resumes their life - people start walking into the bars, going back to work and getting on the tube. I get back to work to share my harrowing tale but nobody cares, aparently in some areas it happens like twice a week. If anyone asks, tell them I was in a crisis area and saved a bunch of people before being chased down a hallway by fire. Also, I think this new laptop screen works fine (fingers crossed).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Josh, I just recently discovered the photos section of your blog which is cool. Make sure you guys join the Facebook thing, it's a lot less lame than MySpace.
Post a Comment